LQL Loudness Quality LoggerTouchMonitor LQL Loudness Quality Logger Windows - Version 1.5 - 25 MBReleased: Monday, August 11, 2014
+ Show previous versions - Hide previous versionsTouchMonitor LQL Loudness Quality Logger Windows - Version 1.0 - 12 MBReleased: Thursday, February 13, 2014
Firmware for TouchMonitor+ Show version history + Hide version history
Changes in version 5.11
Problem with presets on USB. FIXED
Changes in version 5.10
Mandatory order of updates: 1.0 --> 1.15 --> 2.17 --> 2.30 --> then higher versions.
- The Loud. Recal. instrument (Loudness Recalculation) is now part of the Timecode Reader licence SW20008 (see Notes below).
- The Loudness Chart instrument is now part of the Logging Data Server licence SW20014 (see Notes below).
- The peakhold color now also can be set to be in dependence on the bargraph color and position. Assuming the bargraph is orange in the normal area and red in the headroom area that would mean a peakhold shown in the nomal area would be orange as well, as it would be red in the headroom area.
- Loudness definitions for AGCOM, OP-59, and CALM standards have been added to the selection list of loudness modes.
- The Headroom Ref settings for British II scales are now correctly preset to -10 dB.
- When switching in Demo mode, TM comes with the defined startup preset now.
- The LTC timecode now also works, if the Timecode group lies beyond the first 16 channels.
- (If e. g. 2 audiogroups with 8 channels each have been created and a timecode group was added afterwards, the timecode didn't work. This is fixed now.)
- The incomplete generation of USB log files has been fixed (some information in the config table of the database was missing).
Loud. Recal. instrument
With the Loud. Recal. instrument the loudness measurement can be controlled by a timecode either with recalculation or without. The Loud. Recal. instrument displays start and end time and the current timecode or only the timecode. An audio group with Timecode as mode has to be applied before in the preset. To use the recalculation option, the Loud. Recal. instrument has to be added to another audio group including one of the loudness instruments.
The option of continuous recalculation directly updates the I value without the need of a complete passage through the program after corrections on overdriven program spots have been done. The timecode display located between start and end time display uses colors to signalize its current state: a green-colored timecode means normal data collection, a running recalculation is signalized in yellow, and red is used to alert a timecode running out of the collected time range. The Loudness Chart instrument (available with Logging Data Server licence SW20014 activated) being used to show the course of and to analyse loudness measurements is an ideal addition.
Loudness Chart instrument
The Loudness Chart displays the quality (e. g. exceedings) of the relevant loudness values TP, M, S, and I on horizontal bars with individually definable colors. The progress of a measurement (value over time) can be displayed on a coordinate system with up to four graphs. Therefore, different display options are available. A dynamic line shows the position of the Relative Gate, and an additional bargraph for the display of the current I loudness value can be selected. If only one value is displayed, the tolerance range can additionally be displayed as a kind of corridor.
The setting functions for the coordinate system and analysis of the graphs are controlled with the keys that will be available in the instrument's and the local Control Bar and have been defined for the global keyboard. If the Timecode Reader Instrument is available on the unit (with Timecode Reader licence SW20008 activated) and if this instrument is added to its own audio group, the loudness measurement can also be controlled via timecode including the option of recalculation.
Changes in version 4.50
Mandatory Update Path:
1.0 --> 1.15 --> 2.17 --> 2.30 --> then higher versions
- Loudness Sum tolerance settings may be done symmetrically (+/- n LU).
- General adjustment to optimize stability of the system.
- The Logging instrument now displays IP address and name of the unit.
- A colored bar displays the capacity utilization of the internal cache memory of 3 hours, if data cannot be directly stored on a USB flash drive or aquired by LQL - Loudness Quality Logger.
- The VITC support has been improved, decoding of SD streams is now available.
Logging Data Server
- Stability and performance of logging in relation to LQL and USB has been enhanced.
Changes in version 4.00
Mandatory Update Path:
1.0 --> 1.15 --> 2.17 --> 2.30 --> then higher versions
New: Software Licence: Timecode-Reader
This licence features decoding and displaying of SDI embedded or LTC timecode from analog, digital, or SDI sources (depending on the configuration of the unit). With the Loudness & SPL license, the timecode can be used for loudness and logging applications.
New: Software Licence: Logging Data Server
This licence features export of measured Loudness and TruePeak data via IP connection or USB flash drive.Two-stage definition of thresholds is also part of the feature list. The Logging Data Server is the precondition for the communication with the LQL - Loudness Quality Logger PC software.
In order for this license to run, you need the Loudness & SPL license.
Changes in version 3.18
Mandatory Update Path:
1.0 --> 1.15 --> 2.17 --> 2.30 --> then higher versions
Target Loudness can now be set in steps of 0.1 LU.
A rare reboot problem has been fixed along with a problem that made TouchMonitor boot with a default preset rather than the one defined.
Changes in version 3.14
Various bugfixes including:
- Flickering displays on TM7 units with the use of more than a specific number of channels in Multichannel mode have been fixed.
- The misarranged display when switching between the circle and the statistic display of the Radar Meter has been corrected.
Changes in version 3.13
Changes in version 3.12
New: Software License, BLITS
The new software-license is a tool to allow generating digital line test signals according to EBU 3304, GLITS, and BLITS definitions as well as automatic and significant analyzing of channel allocation, level, phase and delay, and polarity of received BLITS 5.1 test signals. Precondition is an activated Multichannel Mode license.
Loudness and SPL Display
The Loudness menu has been expanded with a Test Time Control option. This sub menu is used to set the parameters for starting and stopping loudness measurements. In addition to a manual control by the use of on-screen keys and/or the GPI interface, full or semi-automatic measurements can also be defined. Therefore, the user can choose between an autostart after loading a preset or autostart when reaching the value of an adjusted gate, with or without an automatic reset of previous values. Loudness measurements can not only be terminated manually with on-screen keys and/or GPI commands, but also automatically by defining a threshold value and time span.
Premium PPM plus Vectorscope
The Moving Coil instruments included in this license have been expanded with the combined Dual-PPM and Loudness Sum mode (BBC mode). On this instrument, a third, cyan-coloured needle shows one of the three summed loudness values M, S, or I on a separate scale. It is helpful for the intuitive display of loudness being on target with a fixed relative loudness scale (-9 to +9 LU).
- The output routing has been expanded. With the BLITS license activated, the generated test signals can be routed to the digital outputs.
- Temporary crashes being caused when often switching between presets including an audio vectorscope have been fixed.
- The display of a correlator with minimum size can now be placed at any position on the screen.
- The routing malfunction with the use of two vectorscopes in one preset (dual vectorscope mode) has been corrected.
Changes in version 3.0
- Keys defined in the Global Keyboard can be assigned as invisible on the display if it is desired to have the functionality only to be selected through the GPI input.
- Additional keys and GPI functionality added. Pause, Start+R (envel) (Slope mode Start with Reset and Stop at end of slope), Start+R (pulse) (impulse to Start with Reset and Stop with next impulse).
- In LRA instrument the I scale in "MagicLRA + I" and MagicLRA + I + Num" modes shows beside the mark for the current I value (cyan colored point on the scale) a corresponding colored bargraph. If the mark for the I value exceeds the scale and is not visible anymore, the bargraph displays that the measurement is still running.
- Help text with PPM scales for english language corrected.
- Exporting system settings will automatically create a directory structure if not already present.
- For stereo operation the NORMAL/LFE selection has been disabled. This function is only useful for Surround modes.
- The numerical value in small PPM instruments is now correctly rounded.
- The cursor visibility especially on the menu pages has been improved.
- The wrong TruePeak labelling in numerical displays under certain conditions has been corrected.
- The range for the analog reference adjustment ("Analog Input Cal." option of the "Analog References" menu) has been expanded to 0 to 14 dBu.
- Size of the "Leq(k)" units adjusted for large scale Dialnorm instrument display
- With "manual" selected for the Peakhold option of the Loudness Sum instrument the Start, Stop, and Reset keys were blocked. Resolved.
- Missing key for LFE phase warning added to SSA menu.
- The behaviour of the Gain key of the PPM or Moving Coil instruments in the analog domain has been corrected.
- In TM7 the minimum vertical size of the Moving Coil instrument has been adjusted for better placement.
- With a full screen moving coil display a mono signal failed to read dual color. It was working fine with small size moving coil instruments. The disappearing of one of the needles has been fixed.
- The S-Gain problem of moving coil instruments with British scale has been fixed.
- The BR Peak adjustment of the Moving Coil instrument now uses the same units as the BR scale.
- The lower and upper scale mark (2 dB marks) in the BR extended scales of the Moving Coil instrument have been removed.
Changes in version 2.38
Version 2.38 includes support of the latest 7.1 standard, ATSC and EBU parameter changes according to ITU-R BS.1770-2 and lots of minor adjustments to existing features.
To upgrade to version 2.38, version 1.15 or above is required.
Changes in version 2.17
- Bar design and marker selectable (Premium PPM licence required)
- Solid mode
- Classic mode (scales and colors as in standard PPMs with gas-plasma displays, additional user definable scale marker)
- Segment mode
- Moving Coil instruments (Premium PPM licence required)
- British Style
- Scales: BR IIa, BR IIb
- Types: Dual (with two hands), Dual + M/S (horizontal, vertical), Stereo horizontal, vertical)
- VU Style
- Scale: VU
- Types: Stereo (horizontal, vertical)
- Loudness Style
- Scales: according to selected Loudness scale of the Audio Group
- Types: Dual (with two hands), Stereo (horizontal, vertical)
LRA Instrument (Loudness & SPL license required)
Graphical display of Loudness Range, bar length is a measure for the absolute LRA value
- LRA Bar Mode Bargraph with three sections
- MagicLRA Mode Fixed center position In either direction spreading graph
- MagicLRA + I Mode Loudness scale with spot indicator showing the integrated Loudness value (I) Relative center position is related to I spot In either direction spreading graph
- MagicLRA + I + Num Mode Loudness scale with spot indicator showing the integrated Loudness value (I) Relative center position is related to I spot In either direction spreading graph Additional numerical LRA value on the graph
- Output Routing Allows individual adjustment of input signals to the output connectors
- Zoom Scale for Loudness (with Loudness licence) EBU+3: +3 .. -18 LU
- LFE Mode for Multi-Correlator (Multichannel licence required)
- Display of phase correlation between every single channel of 5.1, 7.1 formats and LFE channel
- Global Keyboard Instrument Customizable keypad that can, among others, be used for issuing global start/stop/reset messages to multiple instruments or for preset recalls. It also allows for controlling the TouchMonitor using the integrated GPIO interface.
- Gain Reduction Instrument (Premium PPM licence required)
- ATSC-, EBU-parameter changes according to ITU-R BS.1770-2
- USB stick with firmware update file was not recognized in case the USB-stick was plugged into the instrument before the unit was powered on. File was found only if USB stick was plugged in after unit was powered up.
- Character size of clock instrument is now scaled according to instrument size
- Minimum size for Radar decreased to allow two Radar instruments one upon the other plus permanent controlbar
- DSP-resource management optimized: In the past it was not possible to create a new preset with i.e. 8 stereo groups plus SS, but maximum 5, after storing the preset could be edited and more groups could be created. The DSP- resourcen management has been optimized now and the max count in instruments and groups can be created in one step.
- The Global Keys instrument size can be set smaller
- The header in the Additional Infos of System Menu has been corrected
- In german language the naming "Grenzwert Mausbeschleunigung" has been changed to "Grenze Mausbeschl."
- With 8 audio groups and one non-audio group the non-audio group could not be edited
- Correlator response in Multicorrelator mode is now "Fast" and cannot be modified
- EBU conformity indicator implemented
- New menu under System->General: "Additional Infos" implemented to allow selection for "instrument title" to be displayed permanent or temporary and to select for additional Loudness information to be part of the title line of the instrument and unit dsiplay with scale in "Program Meter" and other instruments using scales.
- PLL lock range improved
- With a preset consisting of two audio groups with audio group 1 configured in 3.1 mode and including a SSA and a second audio group in 5.1 mode with SSA and Multicorrelator, the Multicorrelator of the second audio group didn´t work
- After firmware-updates the unit did not reboot if a manual file name change of the firmware-update-file had been made, cause the bootstrap file will be erased but the new one could be found in the TAR-archive. Now the bootstrap file will be extracted and temporarily stored to /tmp, checksum test will be performed and after positive result the bootstrap-area will be erased and the new file will be copied.
- Repeat bug corrected: With the mouse there could be a case that started a looped repeat function
- Only one non-audio group per preset can be created
- For scale ITU0 and EBU0 only target level can be adjusted with the Loudness settings. These setting also controls the beginning of the "red" area
- Program meter menu change: for PPM-digital the "DC Filter" setting in PPM menu was removed to "Advanced Settings" also the "Analog TP Over" setting in PPM menu.
Changes in version 1.15
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 5.11 - 120 MBReleased: Friday, August 22, 2014
- Improvements on performance
- Fixes in regards to general stability and performance
- Dual Radar Display: TouchMonitor is now able to run two Radar instances
- Multiple SSA instances
- Larger SSA display in frame if correlator and/or PSI bars disabled
- New help files
- Help mode button reads "Help/Demo" if demo mode is activated. Pressing the help/demo button will ask for terminating demo mode directly
- Automatic reboot after firmware update
- RTA: information text line in display extended to read i.e. "Filter: A" or "Filter: C"
- New firmware update format; uncompressed TAR-file with file extension ".bin" for faster updates of future releases
- TM series instrument can now be controlled with Wacom tablets in absolute mode
- Repeat function for control buttons in view panel (size and position) and slider functions implemented. Holding a key or slider >0.5 sec activates the repeat function.
- Mouse sensitivity adjustment (acceleration and acceleration limit) in "System Special" implemented.
- Font size for Loudness Numeric Instrument optimized (max 80 pix)
- Time format can now be selected 12/24h and for different country specific formats via "clock" in "system menu"
- Improvements in regards to general stability and performance
+ Show previous versions - Hide previous versionsTouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 5.10 - 120 MBReleased: Thursday, August 21, 2014
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 4.50 - 113 MBReleased: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 4.00 - 42 MBReleased: Wednesday, December 18, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 3.18 - 41 MBReleased: Tuesday, October 22, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 3.14 - 41 MBReleased: Wednesday, September 04, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 3.13 - 41 MBReleased: Wednesday, July 10, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 3.12 - 41 MBReleased: Monday, July 01, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 3.0 - 58 MBReleased: Tuesday, April 16, 2013
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 2.38 - 61 MBReleased: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 2.17 - 40 MBReleased: Monday, September 26, 2011
TouchMonitor Firmware for TouchMonitor Version 1.15 - 92 MBReleased: Tuesday, June 28, 2011